1 What is JEE ?
JEE Main 2019: Joint Entrance Examination (Main) is one of the popular engineering entrance examinations in the country. From the year 2019, the National Testing Agency will organize this entrance examination for offering admission to Undergraduate Engineering Programmes like B.Tech/ B.E & B.Arch in IIITs, NITs, other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions and Institutions funded by participating State Government etc. The JEE Main will also be an eligibility test for the JEE (Advanced), which the applicants have to appear if they are seeking for admission to the UG courses offered by the IITs
2 Eligibility criteria
Aspiring candidates willing to apply for JEE Main 2019 are requested to read the information booklet carefully and ensure their eligibility as per the prescribed criteria laid down for JEE (Main). The eligibility criteria for JEE Main 2019 are as follows:
- Qualifying examination: Candidates should have passed the 12th examination or its equivalent examination with at least five subjects i.e. Physics, Language, Mathematics as mandatory subjects and anyone from the Biotechnology, Biology, Chemistry, Technical Vocational Subject and any other subject in order to be eligible for JEE Main 2019.
- Year of passing qualifying examination: Candidates who have passed qualifying examination i.e. 12th in 2017 and 2018; or candidates who are appearing the qualifying examination in 2019 are eligible to apply for JEE Main 2019.
- Diploma holders are permitted to get admission into IITs only. They have to appear in JEE Advanced.
- Admission to IITs, NITs, CFTIs will be strictly based on All India Rank subject to the condition that applicant must have obtained at least 75% (65% in case of SC/ST) marks in the 12th examination or be in top twenty percentile in the 12th examination organized by the respective boards.
- Candidates who have either passed or appearing class 12th from NIOS should select the State of Eligibility according to the state where the study center is situated.
3 Age Criteria
Candidates, who are born on or after 1st October 1994, will be eligible to appear in JEE Main 2019. However, 5 years upper age relaxation will be provided to candidates belonging to SC/ST & PWD category
Note: Date of Birth as recorded in 10th or secondary education board certificate will only be considered.
Number of Attempts:
Only 3 attempts will be given for qualifying the JEE Main.